About Me

Friday, January 10, 2014

So I'm writing a blog now

For the sake of my poor facebook friend's news feeds, I'm going to try a blog.
I make you no promises, I mean, I cannot even commit to a hair color or keep my sink empty of dishes so I don't know how I am going to commit to writing a blog.

I just went through a break up. And by just I mean like five months ago, but I am a little slow on the whole emotional healing thing ok? So I was drunk for a while and then I was mad. And now I am supposed to be seeking inner peace says my friend Christina.
In theory I guess inner peace sounds good. It means I won't feel like punching out his front tooth anymore, right? And I probably won't feel like it would be just hysterical if someone keyed his truck. Or put regular gas in the diesel tank. (Disclaimer: I wouldn't do that, I like my clean criminal record, but a girl can dream about being a bad ass)
But then I really think about inner peace and I wonder what I would do. I mean, obviously I would have less wrinkles and maybe wouldn't have to check the mirror twelve times a day for the gray hairs I know I must be creating with all of this worrying. But I am kind of a professional stresser so what would I DO? I would probably also smoke a lot less and save a ton of money on bottles of wine.
But I am pretty sure I would just transfer my stress. Can't I just agree to not punch his tooth out and not seek inner peace?
Inner peace: it sounds like old people, grown ups, corn flakes and bran muffins. A lack of chaos and the absence of funny thoughts. None of which interests me in the least. Besides, I think they'd take away my days of the week panties and make me wear big girl ones if I achieved inner peace. No thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment