About Me

Monday, December 28, 2015

dear fair weather asshole....

You know the ones I mean, we have all met them, whether in dating or relationships, or friendships and family members, nothing is more infuriating than the fair weather assholes.
Not sure what I mean? Here is how to tell if you might be dealing with or might be one yourself:

1. Any initiation on your part is met with vague non answers, wanna hang out? Maybe. Wanna hook up this week? We'll see. Interested in seeing this show with me? I'm not sure

2. texts, calls, emails, facebook messages go unanswered for days, weeks, or months, and I don't mean a person going through things or with a generally busy life, because these same fair weather assholes will have a mini stroke if their messages go unanswered in a timely (or immediate) fashion, it is only THEY who can "answer texts whenever they feel like" because "its rude to expect an immediate answer".
3. Following the need for an immediate answer, the fair weather asshole will be genuinely upset, to the point of anger, if their request for attention (usually last minute or minimum of a day in advance) are not met. You MUST rearrange your schedule for them, immediately, or you don't care.

4. They will cancel, but forget to tell you, either until you contact them or at the very last possible moment, after you have already showered. The excuse will be standard, sickness, work, etc. It will usually be used multiple times by the same fair weather asshole, as though you are brainless and you don't remember that they also claimed a stomach bug last time too (girl, that's not healthy, get that shit looked at before you shit yourself).

5. When they can fit you into their very special lives, they will slather you with compliments, about how wonderful you are, to keep you coming back, I think? Or maybe its just because they are so used to bullshitting they can't actually have a normal conversation. Don't attempt anything deeper with the fair weather asshole, they only want to share THEIR emotions, yours will be scoffed at and dismissed.

I genuinely used to think I was the only person who knew people like this, turns out, I'm not, and despite my blunt nature, I hate ending any kind of relationship, friends or more, as much as anyone else does. But, and I say this especially to the ladies, because I think we are more likely to take these things personally, its not you, its them, and your time, life, and attention are worth more than any fair weather douchbags who can't respect them,

Consider this my farewell, assholes, my time is too valuable for friends or lovers who can't be bothered to respect my time. Au revoir mother fuckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment